Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Playdough

I bought this book at Barnes and Noble the other day and today we decided to make playdough. There are many varieties in this book but I thought we'd make the easiest one and the one I had all the ingredients for! Makes sense right?!

1 cup cold water
1 cup salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
tempera paint or food coloring
3 cups flour (I only needed 2.5 cups)
2 tablespoons corn starch (I added this before the flour)

In bowl, mix water, salt, oil, and enough tempera paint or food coloring to make a bright color. Gradually add flour and cornstarch until the mixture reaches the consistency of bread dough. Store covered.N wanted to make yellow playdough so we did. She fell in LOVE with Frosty the snowman this year so she had me make lots of snowmen. She also rolled out some snakes, and just had fun squishing the playdough in her hands. I put it in foil so I hope it's not dried out by tomorrow.Note to self: I need to find a new vinyl tablecloth, those pumpkins are driving me nuts!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP