Friday, February 27, 2009

Re-purposed

Maybe you remember this bag that I made. Well, one of the handles fell off and since I made it prior to really learning much about sewing I decided to make it better. I fixed the "hem" so that the edges were under and wouldn't fray. I made new handles from the front pant leg so that they would be seamless and longer. I also made sure to sew them so that no edges were exposed. I also took one of the back pockets from the pants and sewed it inside the bag so I would have an inside pocket as well. I'm really happy with how the re-finished bag turned out and I use it as my purse. It's great to re-purpose old clothes that are worn out or no longer fit. It's my little way of saving money and "going green". I have an old pair of jeans and cords just waiting to become purses for someone else!




0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP