Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentine's Day crafts

Today we did a little work on some crafts for Valentine's Day. We made a window hanging out of contact paper, construction paper hearts and circles and some little flower pieces. N loves stickers so to put paper on a big giant sticker is lots of fun to her. The most fun that she had though was after we were done putting the window decal (for lack of a better word) together and she got to cut paper. This was the first time that I let her try out a pair of scissors (of course she used the blunt tip kid scissors). She sat there and cut paper for at least forty minutes! I can't wait to do some other cutting exercizes that I've seen. I know she's not ready for them yet but she will be soon.

She also asked to paint for a little bit, so I gave her a big piece of news print and red paint and let her have at it. Later she asked for blue paint as well. I plan on using the painting to cut out some hearts to decorate the house a little more!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP